Help me w/ small towers-bedroom HT/music system

I'm looking to pick up a set of small towers <$1500 to put in my bedroom for 60% movies/40% music. We have a 50" plasma on the wall across from the bed and watch a lot of Blu-ray movies there. Now I have put a receiver in there and hooked up some old PSB small towers which sound atrocious. Thus my interest in a new set. Initially, I plan to just run 2.0, with the option at some point of adding a center. I actually think small towers will generate enough bass for us, so not looking to get a sub at this point.

My priorities are an open, dynamic sound, good vocal reproduction, imaging, work well with receiver power, clear highs but without sibilance. Regarding bass, I am more interested in the quality of the bass than below 40hz.

mtrot
my local dealer carries vandy and focal...imho vandy is a much superior product in terms of performance and value...they have that reacnh out and touch 3d realism...however...focal is a good performer and
and has much higher WAF if that matters....by the way
....vandy 2 is a fairly imposing speaker...opt for 1...also.revel.f 12.would meet your criteria
I've heard all of the brands you listed except Jamo and Salk. Monitor Audio wins. Not as good a mid-range as Focal, but these are good all-round performers. 5 star ratings at WhatHiFi for the BX5s and RX6s, if you care.
I have the least experience with Vandersteen, I've only heard their higher lines, liked them very much. Focal 7 series is about all you'd buy in that price range, and IMO they are way to short on the low end. If you can afford the 826v, I doubt you'd be disappointed, they are great - still a little thin on bass, but the mids and highs make up for it, when listening to music. I don't know if Focal would work for movies - like I said, not enough low end. I've auditioned the diamonds and hated them. Consider Quad's 22L2, I heard them in the same sitting as the Wharfedales, and I thought they were excellent - around $900 used on the 'gon.
Of the current 'gon possibilities you posted, I'd *definitely* go for the Dyns!!! Vienna Acoustics is too laid back for me, I like a detailed sound, and the Sonus Fabers image well, I heard them at ListenUp here in Denver, but they had some mid-range coloration that did not sit well with me. Could have been the electronics - NAD integrated...
I've now identified a couple options on agon for under $1000 which may actually outperform some of the speakers discussed so far:

Revel F12
ERA D14

Has anyone had experience with these, and any thoughts on these for my bedroom setup?
I own the F32s and have heard the F12 which came out after I bought my F32's. My impression left me asking if I had paid too much. I think the F12s sounded unbelievably good for the price point. Good bass, very articulate in mids and highs. At 1200 You'll have to look far and wide to match or beat the value they offer.IMO that is.