Help me w/ small towers-bedroom HT/music system

I'm looking to pick up a set of small towers <$1500 to put in my bedroom for 60% movies/40% music. We have a 50" plasma on the wall across from the bed and watch a lot of Blu-ray movies there. Now I have put a receiver in there and hooked up some old PSB small towers which sound atrocious. Thus my interest in a new set. Initially, I plan to just run 2.0, with the option at some point of adding a center. I actually think small towers will generate enough bass for us, so not looking to get a sub at this point.

My priorities are an open, dynamic sound, good vocal reproduction, imaging, work well with receiver power, clear highs but without sibilance. Regarding bass, I am more interested in the quality of the bass than below 40hz.

mtrot
Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

Can anybody with experience with the brands I listed provide any comparisons and pluses and minuses?
my local dealer carries vandy and focal...imho vandy is a much superior product in terms of performance and value...they have that reacnh out and touch 3d realism...however...focal is a good performer and
and has much higher WAF if that matters....by the way
....vandy 2 is a fairly imposing speaker...opt for 1...also.revel.f 12.would meet your criteria
I've heard all of the brands you listed except Jamo and Salk. Monitor Audio wins. Not as good a mid-range as Focal, but these are good all-round performers. 5 star ratings at WhatHiFi for the BX5s and RX6s, if you care.
I have the least experience with Vandersteen, I've only heard their higher lines, liked them very much. Focal 7 series is about all you'd buy in that price range, and IMO they are way to short on the low end. If you can afford the 826v, I doubt you'd be disappointed, they are great - still a little thin on bass, but the mids and highs make up for it, when listening to music. I don't know if Focal would work for movies - like I said, not enough low end. I've auditioned the diamonds and hated them. Consider Quad's 22L2, I heard them in the same sitting as the Wharfedales, and I thought they were excellent - around $900 used on the 'gon.
Of the current 'gon possibilities you posted, I'd *definitely* go for the Dyns!!! Vienna Acoustics is too laid back for me, I like a detailed sound, and the Sonus Fabers image well, I heard them at ListenUp here in Denver, but they had some mid-range coloration that did not sit well with me. Could have been the electronics - NAD integrated...
I've now identified a couple options on agon for under $1000 which may actually outperform some of the speakers discussed so far:

Revel F12
ERA D14

Has anyone had experience with these, and any thoughts on these for my bedroom setup?