HiDiamond Speaker Cables

Does anyone have experience with the upper end of HiDiamond speakers cables? I'm looking into the HD 7 or HD 8. After recently becomming a believer of their power cables I'm thinking of taking a plunge to their speaker cables to match.
stevepo

Showing 5 responses by fplanner2000

Al-
Now all you need to do is replace your Powercell tuning box with a PS Audio p-10 power regenerator and you will hear what your system REALLY is capable of. I'm not kidding. Its what I did and I was amazed at how much more realistic my system sounded. In addition, the noise floor dropped considerably and my soundstage got wider and deeper. Plus, your system will be protected from power surges, etc., as the Powercell protects nothing.

Just a thought.....
B- P5 would probably be enough, but a P-10 would be better. I think its better made than the p-5 and its also much quieter since it doesn't use an internal fan, due to its heatsinks. With the P-10 you will also have more headroom which is important to system dynamics as well as future expansion. Those extra outlets are "hi-power" outlets, not just regular ones.

With my system, I discovered at IDLE each side was drawing between 500-550 watts. I have 1 P-10 for each side and not only did the system get quieter due to reduced THD (from .4% in to .02% out) but micro-details as well as dynamics actually improved.

I would get the p-10 - no question. You might then be able to lose the QLS 6. In addition, the real world price difference is not as large as you might think between it and the p-5, especially if you contact my buddy Walter at Underwood HiFi and tell him I sent you. I've bought 4 of them from him and have had no problems whatsoever. I've also discovered the HD pcs play really well together with the P-10's.

Good luck.

Harve
B- depends on how resolving your system is. The answer to your question is exactly what you would think it would be. Again, all systems are different. I now have p-4s from the wall to the P-10s and from the P-10s to the amps. Better than p-3s and much better than stock cord, which is still better than most other stock cords I've heard. P-4 is audibly quieter in my system. P-10 is audibly quieter than P-5 in my system.

Stevepo - curious to hear how you like the HD8's. What are they replacing and what are your speakers?
No problem - I am curious what cables they are replacing and what speakers you are using, regardless of how you like the D8's
I am selling my barely used 4 meter "special order" Diamond 3 power cord which has been replaced by a 3 meter Diamond 4 power cord, as it no longer fits my system.