Holographic imaging

Hi folks, is the so called holographic imaging with many tube amplifiers an artifact? With solid state one only hears "holographic imaging" if that is in the recording, but with many tube amps you can hear it all the time. So solid state fails in this department? Or are those tube amps not telling the truth?

Chris
dazzdax
I know no one believes me but the electronics play a greater role in imaging than any of you or I believed. If you get a chance to hear the H-Cat amp, perhaps at the RMAF, you will know what I mean. I thought with my careful set up, speaker placement, vibration control, and room treatments in an already good sounding room that I had excellent imaging and close to realism. I won't say that I have absolute realism now, but I was only about half way before.
...and room treatments in an already good sounding room...
Tbg (System | Threads | Answers)

What room treatments? The rug?
Unsound,

I've heard Ohm CLSs outdoors and they sound best, very close to lifelike, with just a single wall behind them. They also tend to like larger rooms in order to have sufficient "room to breathe".

True omni's should not be placed close to walls from what I hear.

One advantage of the Ohm pseudo-omni design (for two channel stereo systems they are physically attenuated with sound absorbent material inside the "cage" in the wall facing directions as I believe you know) is that they can be placed within 2-3 feet of walls where they tend to sound much like more conventional box speakers with very wide dispersion and the huge soundstage.
Tvad, you know from our previous exchanges that I have used tube traps, RPG diffusors, Room Lens, acoustic mirrors, LEDE, and Holographs, one pair of which I still use. I have tried digital corrections also. I have had tube traps. I have used Combac and Marigold dots on the walls, I have used MD Brilliant Pebbles, Shun Mook Mpingo disks, and recently Acoustic Revive guartz products. Once I even had the Cello analog equalizer. The rug never proved very important for the good or bad. You knew all of this so why did you post?
Wanted to know what treatments are now being utilized...in conjunction with the H-Cat electronics.