Holographic imaging

Hi folks, is the so called holographic imaging with many tube amplifiers an artifact? With solid state one only hears "holographic imaging" if that is in the recording, but with many tube amps you can hear it all the time. So solid state fails in this department? Or are those tube amps not telling the truth?

Chris
dazzdax
Roger says "Let the free market decide".

Couldn't agree more.

The market decided on Edsel, New Coke, Betamax, etc.

RIP cat.
I've read many posts where requests have been made to explain cable "technology", so I don't agree that it's been given a pass

Yes but there is always an army of followers out there ready to jump to the defense of even the most dubious scientific claims for amazing differences between cables - (where no electrical science has gone before - cryogenic treatments - you name it - the wackier the cable theory the better it would seem!)

So why not Herr Doppler effects?
Roger, obviously you have spent no time with these musical instrument tuners. I have. They are so sensitive that they can show variation in pitch that is really hard to hear. The one I have is a rack mount unit and can show a deviation in pitch of one whole note over nearly that entire width. Its when you get to the center that its hard to hear what its telling you.

It is a fact that some people hear pitch better than others, but from what you are saying, none of this has any bearing on your 'phenomena'.

So: we still have an unquantifiable phenomena, no math to support its existence (whereas there is math to support the existance of anything else real in audio). On this point I should point out that as a manufacturer I have heard plenty that did not seem to show up on the 'scope- until I got a better scope that is... and while I agree that test equipment comes well short of what we hear, it is only because it is measuring the wrong things, not because those things can't be measured! They all do, after all, exist within the medium of electronics.

So it can't be measured, no math, no proofs of hypothesis nor any sought, if I get the previous posts, the pitch variation so slight as to be well below audibility, therefore the 'gain variation' caused by an amplifier's distortion is also too slight to be audible or measurable (since in any amplifier the gain is something we **do** measure)... conceded by a comment about 100th of a db (or less), and apparently, other than listening, no other way to explain that this is the right hypothesis. IOW, because an effect is heard, therefore it **must** be Doppler Effect! -and can't possibly be anything else...

Occam's Razor is still suggesting a simpler explanation: the whole thing is a made up story and the actual truth of the matter is something far simpler. For example I know that slight tonal enhancement at certain frequencies can cause the image to jump out, and we are talking here about 'Doppler Effect sensors' that are sensitive to a '100th of a db', yet the effect cannot be measured by any test equipment- but it can by the 'special' sensors! So I will point to this as another glaring contradiction.

If it were me, and in the face of the Occam's Razor, the amazingly far more complex explanation I knew to be the right one, I would have hooked these 'detectors' up to some sort of device to measure their output (they are affecting the circuitry in the audio path anyway, so they have an output...). This has not happened, and yet is the blatantly obvious thing to have been done a long time ago, and I think the explanation for why that has not happened is also obvious.
09-28-08: Tvad -
“As in the case of the H-Cat's "Doppler Correcting" circuitry, the lack of measurements has always been a sticking point.”

Tvad,

Can you tell me the difference between a standard fuse and an Isoclean fuse? (besides more than $30)
The answer is – one sounds good the other sounds fantastic. It is a sonic or acoustic recognition of superior performance. But how can this be? You surely cannot measure any difference electrically.

How about AVM (Anti Vibration Magic) paint? Simply applying it to transformers and wires and other components makes a HUGE difference sonically. How can this be? Nobody can measure it so you must be wasting your money. But behold – a not so subtle transformation of an existing audio component into something very special. Is it real or imagined? Actually it is real.

The reason these things work is because they operate at microscopic levels. IOW they take care of the really small issues that can have huge sonic effects on the outcome. Much like the microscopic phase errors that I have observed in amplifiers that cannot be measured but have a profound impact on the acoustic performance.

My work has been in the area of the microscopic to nanoscopic regions of amplifiers. This is why it is called Holographic (Cloning) Amplifier Technology. I deal with the structural integrity (shape) if a signal at levels that can go to 100 db below the noise floor. The Wavefront Timing Control is designed to make adjustments in velocity using circuitry that operates in parts per billion.

These are things that your average designer has not “tinkered with” nor do they have a clue as to where to begin.

09-28-08: Audiofeil
“The market decided on Edsel, New Coke, Betamax, etc.”

Audiofeil,
Were these all the brands that you have carried?

Happy listening!
09-28-08: Roger_paul
09-28-08: Tvad -
Can you tell me the difference between a standard fuse and an Isoclean fuse? (besides more than $30).
The answer is – one sounds good the other sounds fantastic. It is a sonic or acoustic recognition of superior performance. But how can this be? You surely cannot measure any difference electrically.
Well, I'll give it a shot. First, I have tried Isoclean fuses and heard a subtle improvement, so I'm not among those who will agree with the opinion that they sound fantastic.

Frankly, I wonder if I could identify a component in my system that had one installed if a friend installed it (or didn't) while I was out of the room).

I suspect their electrical properties can be measured by the appropriate equipment, but I have no idea what it would be, nor am I particularly interested in finding out.

How about AVM (Anti Vibration Magic) paint? Simply applying it to transformers and wires and other components makes a HUGE difference sonically.
I'll have to take your word for it since I've never heard the sonic effects of magic paint in my system.

My point in the post you quoted wasn't one of arguing the merits of testing. Rather, it was highlighting that the issue has been contentious in many threads regarding numerous products. Yours has become one of them.

I agree with you that one should buy a product if they like the sound it produces.

It's my opinion that you do yourself a disservice by marketing a product with a claim that cannot be verified, because it draws so much negative energy to your cause.