How many electrons?

There is a lot of current between your amp and your speakers. Imagine that you are doing some normal listening to your favorite loud music, and consider the number of electrons that move between the amp output poles and the speaker cables every second, in either direction.

Among the following estimates for the number of such electrons, which one is the most accurate?

a) None
b) Between eighty seven and a thousand
c) Thousands
d) Millions
e) Billions
f) Trillions or more

It's OK to just guess, but if you want to use numbers, the unit of current is an ampere, which is a coulomb per second, and an electron has a charge of about
1.602176487(40)×10−19 coulombs.
trebejo
06-11-11: Bifwynne
Hey Al, so . . . you agree with Bill (Audiofiel). What do you have against Carl Sagan (not bifwynne)???
My apologies, Bruce. I should have given that response at least a nomination for second place. My wife has frequently quoted that same Carl Sagan expression, so I guess Bill's analysis struck me as more novel.

Best regards,
-- Al :-)
Al, Carl said he forgives you. But just one more thing, why hasn't anyone given any thought about the poor forgotten angels and the lonely pin-head?? Sorry, the problem is I care too much about the feelings of others. Time for the meds. Later. Bruce (this is bifwynne, not Carl Sagan and not the pin-head)
Shadorne, the statement you quoted from the OP in your last post omits the words "in either direction," which were at the end of the OP's sentence.

None of the rest of us who have responded have interpreted the question as referring to net movement of electrons, or to transfer of electrons to the speaker. And none of the responses, including mine which have referred to the movement of trillions of electrons, have implied that there is any NET movement or transfer.

Best regards,
-- Al
Yeah, but real world electronics have at least a small amount of DC at the same time as whatever else it is doing. So.........
And how many electrons can dance on the head of a pin is the pin head question of the day, and more than the number of Angels? or not?
And i do have to say this whole exercise is rather like deciding how many angels.. etc