integrated amp that matches well w/ Soliloquy 5.3s

I am currently looking to get a new integrated amplifier for my system. I have Soliloquy 5.3 speakers which i love but I do find them a little bright. (The brightness may also be due to my CD player which I am also considering upgrading but I thought I would get the delivery portion of my system done first then I would be in a position to test several different cd players into my system to find the best fit)

I have read suggestions that a tube type integrated would be best. I listen to jazz, alternative rock, and a little techno and thought that a hybrid integrated (Unison Unico Pathos Logos etc.) would do the trick but not sure.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated. Looking to spend under $2500.

Also a brief mention is made in HiFi+ of a modded version of the Canary CA-608 that won both Prodcut & Editors choice award (http://www.hifiplus.com/hi-fi_awards_2001.html) but I can't seem to find a lot of reviews regarding the stock version, let alone the modified version. Does anyone have any comments or thoughts regarding this product?

Thanks in advance

Chuckiemon
chuckiemon
Chukie, it is strange that you do not mention what amp you've been using so far?? Also, Soliloquy's overall presentation is usualy on the "warm" side, due to the plump midbass. Unless you are using mass-market receiver, i believe lively room would be most likely suspect. I would analyze your room for the reflections, and if possibly cure it, before any new purchase. Although upgrades are always fun!
I'm surprised you find the 5.3s bright. I think it may be coming from somewhere else in your system. Could you list your components so we could give better recommendations? BTW, I drive my Soliloquy 6.5s with a Rowland Model 10. Instrument tonality is superb. Zero fatigue.
There is a great FM Jazz station that I love to listen so I am currently using my receiver from my college days...Rotel RXC 950. Once in a while I hear some shrillness in horns and/or precussion so I just assumed it was time for a better amp.

But before i went down that road i thought it wise to check with fellow Audiogoners for some advice. Didn't expect this kind of response so quickly...Thanks again to all.

Cheers,
Chuckiemon, you live in Toronto? Check out Audio Aero Prima int. amp and cdp. Call Globe Audio in Hamilton or Audio Gallery in Toronto for info. I have both with Cardas wiring and Van den hul cords and it is sweet. Give them a shot and maybe they will have a demo or something you can try out with your speakers.

Are you a jazz.fm 91.9 jazz listener. They have good tunes there. Off the subject, try 105.9 WJZR from Rochester if you want more jazz.
Chuck:

Thought I read a recap of your gear before, but now I cannot find it here @ A'Gon. Perhaps you posted this info @ AA?

Anyway, post the complete setup (for reference) if you care to.