Is BCD-1 hands down better than Sony XA5400es

Is Bryston the clear favorite for redbook cd's?
fishing716
Since the Sony is out of production and all inventory is gone. I guess if you want a new one you are SOL.
I have not seen that Sony for sale here at all.
So the Bryston is the only choice of the two models, new.
The Sony sight says they are available.

In answer to your question-NO! A better question would be: Is it any better?

The Sony seems to be one of those "Special" components that pop out of Sony every once and a while. It is killer at its price point.

I have used many high dollar CD players and I now see it was a waste. The Sony competes with any of them.

I will say the Bryston is better built as for the case. I would hope some of the internal components would be better spec'd but Sony has a way. Economy of scale is a wonderful thing.
Thanks, I was looking for one (Sony) and did not find any, except the news it was discontinued.
I received my SCD-XA-5400ES yesterday from these folks. give them a call http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?dgtlplay&1264516143&/Sony-scd-xa5400es-Audiophile-S
IMO the Sony XA5400ES contrary to the Techradar review is a better SACD player than with RB CD although the latter is also very good. The best performance comes from using it with its matching DA6400/5400ES receiver with H.A.T.S. enabled for lowest jitter via HDMI. The MCH SACD performance is superb and unequalled by any other player that I know of especially at its realistic price.