Is hdcd worth having ??

I'm going to buy a universal player==probably the Denon 2900. However, for about the same money I can buy the 2910, which has HDCD. I think the 2900 may be better overall, but was wandering if HDCD might be a good reason to go with the 2910.
papertrail
HDCD does make a decent improvement to my ears. Be warned though that they are no longer making HDCDs anymore, but what has been made is no more expensive than regular CDs. You may have some in your CD collection that you don't even know about.

Rob
Tbg--From what I have read and been told, what the Denon 2200 was to the 2900 the 2910 is to the 3910.
Papertrail, you may be right. These numbers that imply nothing drive me crazy. What does the 2910 retail for?

Pobm321, I recently saw the figures for the number of HDCDs and sacds. There are many more HDCDs, like five times as many. I do think, as I said, that XRCD24s, not XRCDs or XRCD2s, are superior to HDCDs but there are many outstanding performances on HDCD like Joni Mitchell latest two.
Check out hdcd.com and you will be surprised how many CDs are mixed in HDCD and don't even make reference on the jewell box. I like the fact my CDP has the chip, it does make a difference.