JL Audio F113 or F112 For Dynaudio Confidence 5

I need a musical fast Sub mostly for music to go along with my Dynaudio Confidence 5. I was wondering if anyone had compared the f113 and the f112. I will not be buying stereo subs because I have neighbors and my room size is about 20x18
Can you hear a difference between these two subs when playing music? My priority is Music however I do listen to electronic music and they require deep bass. Thanks
128x128trance

Showing 6 responses by trance

Can someone confirm the f112 being more musical than the F113 on a one on one comparison? I understand that 2 subs will give me the best results but money is tight right now and I cannot see myself buying 2 subs right now, however I am missing the low octave and would like a sub that can accommodate my Dynaudio Confidence 5. I can buy ONE f113 or One F112 and would really like to know which of the two is more musical, I read once that the F113 is better for movies while the F112 better for music, trying to confirm this cause I would naturally go with the F113 being it's bigger and more powerful. Thanks
Thanks for all the advice, I might have to go for two F110 if that is the case. I have no space and electric outlets for two large subs. Must be nice to have a large home :-)
Thanks for all the advice, It seems that Jl Audio and Rel will be on my list for Subs. Rel B3 and Jl Audio F112. Two subs are better than one, makes allot of sense however My living room will look like an electronic store. Compact furniture designs is preferred, Rel B3 in Cherry looks nice. For now I would be happy finding the most musical Sub to go along with my Dynaudio Confidence 5 I would even sacrifice earthshaking Bass for musicality, My walls are thin anyway and my neighbor would not be happy, lucky for me she is a flight attendant and is not home that often.
Wow, thanks for the education, this message board has helped me understand many things I didn't know. I notice the Rel's sell instantly when they come up on audiogon, JL audio sell very well also, their seems to be more JL subs available on the used market this makes it easier to find a good deal. I am guessing more JL subs were sold in the market resulting in more sale availability on the used market. I will start with one sub and then move on to two. Thanks for all the help.