Magnus MA-200

I recently stumbled upon this amp and finding real world review information slim to none. I found a review on its bigger brother (MA-260) and realize both of these amps are discontinued. Any insights, information, experiences etc woul dbe appreciated!
jdavis37

Showing 3 responses by steakster

I just bought one (Magnus Audio MA-200).  Talk about flying under the radar!  If I didn’t know better, I would think that I was listening to my pricey triode tube monoblocks. It doesn’t have the soundstage depth, but it has everything else.   I have no idea why Canary/Magnus Audio discontinued this model. It sure sounds great in my system.  Bought it from JM Sound.  Very satisfied customer.
It’s Class A for all 100w/channel. Runs hot. Higher electricity bills. The binding posts are at least 3 way. I use bare wire. My system includes a Response Audio BellaMax tube preamp and Acoustic Zen Adagio speakers.  The newer model MA-260 runs Class A for the first 45w/channel.  Much less heat.   Sounds different.
Nice system.    All I can say is that the amp sounds great in mine.  I put it on an isolation platform with a beefy power cord.  YMMV