Monster Power AV-800 any good?

I have my Rogue 99, Rega table and C.E.C. player plugged into this fat,purple power strip.My Dynaco is plugged into my other outlet alone.I bought the Monster($50.00) for the surge protection alone in hopes it would also improve the sound but at the very least do nothing but protect from lightening.Is this thing any good.My dealer freaked when I told him I have one.
david99

Showing 2 responses by sol322

My experience having both Monster units indicates to stick with AT LEAST the 2000. The 2000 has one level up in filtering stage compared to 800. The HTS 3500 is even better. For detailed info check monster website ..... A good filter or unit can improve your power but consider that this is not a cure for other problems like grounding, etc or old connections and less than desirable wall plates and a noisy non dedicated circuit bear this in mind as well. Under certain circumstances even component vibration might hinder the extent of improvement you might get. Just sharing some thoughts. Regards
My experience having both Monster units indicates to stick with AT LEAST the 2000. The 2000 has one level up in filtering stage compared to 800. The HTS 3500 is even better. For detailed info check monster website ..... A good filter or unit can improve your power but consider that this is not a cure for other problems like grounding, etc or old connections and less than desirable wall plates and a noisy non dedicated circuit bear this in mind as well. Under certain circumstances even component vibration might hinder the extent of improvement you might get. Just sharing some thoughts. Regards