Muse Model Nine vs ?

I have a second generation Muse Model Nine non-signature that I was considering upgrading to a Model 10 at the cost of $1900. However, at that price, I have a lot of other options available. I listen to redbook CD almost exclusively. Does anyone have any opinions or experiences that they can share? Should I stick with the Muse? BTW - The price of the Model 11 upgrade is not available yet as the model is too new.
gogamecocks

Showing 1 response by scotty_910

I had model nine signature generation three that I upgraded to the model 10. It was an improvement in sound -not jawdropping, but audible nonetheless. Better and tighter bass, slightly cleaner high end (although not by much). I am curious to see what the 11 has to offer (I'm guessing SACD although when I talked to Kevin he swore he would never do a universal player due the comporomises in sound quality it would entail). I think you would do well to stay with Muse - its a quality product and I don't think you will do much better at the price. In addition, it does have the flexibility of the upgrade path, which many players do not.