music room design questions dimensions/flooring

I guess much has been written previously, yet I still seek answers to the following:

* for a room with dimensions of 13'1"(4.00m) width x8'8"(2.65m) height, what would the "best" length be? Is 24'6"(7.45m) too long? I can shorten length if required.

* for wooden floor(hard wood bearers/joists and 1" sheet floor), should floor be fixed directly to subfloor or should it be "decoupled" via rubber or other spacer? ie. does decoupling improve sonics?

I am hoping to avoid the theory and get straight to the definitive answers.I am all theoried out at this stage and want to finish modifying my music room.
aer

Showing 1 response by mark02131

Maybe this will give you some insite. try using the Golden Ratio method. I have played this this with success. 16' x 26' x 10' is a nice size but you can do some math with what you have and get close. Decoupling the floor will remove vibrations from other places in the house. Rubber spacers are used in some recording studios. Check out the forums on recording.org if you want more detail.

http://www.cardas.com/content.php?area=insights&content_id=26&pagestring=Room+Setup

Mark