Musical Fidelity Trivista 300 vs. kW500

A few extra $$'s appeared. Time to ditch the tweaked Hafler pre-amp/amp and go with my choice du jour: MF Trivista. Please advise...300 or the big 500 integrated amp. Driving my old but still damn good B & W 901F's, medium size room, mostly classical. Also need advice on a new (or good used) CD player to meld into this system...preferably multidisc (shudder you audiophiles). Thanks for any direction in the above quest. farmdoc
farmdoc6449
IMO, you can't go wrong with either one. Maybe get the Tri-Vista and with the money saved buy the matching SACD/CD player.
I have the TriVista. Although I love the TriVista, I spoke to my retailer about "moving up" to the KW500 (we all do this don't we?). His opinion was that the two are different, but the KW500 is not necessarily better.
I have not heard the "500" on my equipment. Maybe that might be a consideration before the big splurge but I am 130 miles from the nearest dealer.
It may depend on where you are ultimately taking this system, in terms of speakers and room. If you wish to drive something challending, in a bigger room, the kW-500 may be the ticket. In my case, I had the same decision to make as you, and chose the kW primarily because of ts high damping factor, and the fact that my Puppies are not the easiest woofers to control. I heard the "500" through B&W 802 Ds at my dealer - that was a nice combo as well. FWIW there is also a new kW SACD player...
The Tri-Vista has a damping factor of 210, the kW is listed at >200. How much greater is it?