Need a new AV receiver

AV receiver will be used 100% for movies and televsion (all two channel music will be through a Plinius 9200 integrated). I was thinking Denon 3806 (reviews seem to bag on the remote), Marantz 7001 or 8001, Arcam 350, Rotel 1057, Pioneer Elite VSX-84 and 82. Any preferences, or other ones I should be thinking about?
rs691919
check out the Yamaha rxv-2700.
If you are buying from a dealer, ask their service dept (NOT their sals dept) which brands they have the least trouble with, and the best response from the mfgr when they DO need service.
Good Luck!
I just bought a used Rotel 1055 and I am very happy with the sound. Before I had two so-called high end power amps that cost a multiple. But the Rotel makes the movie sound a lot more thrilling!!!!
Set-up is very flexible, connectors are plenty. So I can recommend the 1057, which I believe adds video conversion to what the 1055 does...
Cheers,
Arthur
Second the RX-V2700. Superb H/T combined with video processing, scaling of anything up thru 1080i via HDMI. Very powerful amp section.
I would pick Rotel or Arcam. Don't forget B&K too. Marantz is built off Pioneer chassis. It's the same gear+ improved audio stages.
I chose the Arcam AVR350, having auditioned the comparable Pioneer Elite, Denon, and Yamaha receivers. Yamaha 2700 was impressive, but the DETAIL of the AVR350 won me over. Dialogue throught the center sounded clear and PRESENT. Just my opinion.