new Aja 180 gram vinyl pressing just arrived

the new Steely Dan Aja 30th anniversary 180 gram pressing arrived from Acoustic Sounds

will be interesting to compare since master tapes were lost on Black Cow and Aja

happy spinning
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xaudiotomb

Showing 3 responses by johnnyb53

More power to you. Fortunately, pretty much all issues of AJA are "audiophile" pressings.

I wish I still had my early ABC pressing (a flood, mold, and warping took it).

08-16-07: Markd51
And that's exactly what I did, found a mint original the other day for 50 cents at the local antique shop. Mark
Damn! And I paid $1.99 for mine Monday. But at least I can comfort myself that it's also NM. For the same price I also got Can't Buy a Thrill, Pretzel Logic, and The Royal Scam at the same shop. I already had Katy Lied. Now all I'm missing is Countdown to Ecstasy and Gaucho. Hmm, I may have to go back and pick up Gaucho while their 1/2 price sale is on.

08-19-07: R_f_sayles
...Hey Johnnyb53, Ya just got to have *Countdown to Ecstasy * to round out you set, there's no two ways about it.
Yeah, you're probably right. I already have the "Citizen Steely Dan" CD boxed set, but in no way do I consider the LP purchases redundant. The SD CDs sound better than many other CD reissues, but still, they ain't vinyl.