Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Biznus97,

Disclaimer: I have an oddly shaped room, and I'm still not convinced I've found optimum placement for best tonal balance. Given that...

Both speakers are 20 inches off the rear wall, measured from the back of each speaker. The right speaker is 16 inches off the side wall. The left speaker is four or five feet from the left wall -- that's by necessity, due to the room shape. My listening position is more or less centered between the speakers, about 10 or 11 feet back.

I'll add that a nice thing about the Ohms is that the radiation pattern does provide a wide "sweet sweep," meaning that your listening position is flexible. It's a real plus in rooms like mine, where there's one piece of furniture to sit on (a day bed) that's tucked into a "niche" in the room and can't really be moved.
Thanks Rebbi,

That is exactly where I ended up with mine (for the back wall). If anyone has the space, I strongly recommend using some acoustic treatments. I just finished getting the last pieces together and the difference combined with dialing in my placement was the best upgrade yet :)

I ended up going with GIK. Great guys, lots of options, and great prices too.
Martykl,

I picked up a copy of the remastered "Far East Suite" by Ellington on Ebay recently per your recommendation and was just giving it a listen.

You are right. A fabulous recording. Both exhilarating one moment and sublime the next. A definite showpiece/reference recording, not just in soundstage but in imaging, power, detail, and presence. It doesn't get any better than that! Both the power of the big band and the tonal delicacy of the piano, clarinet and other soloists are on fabulous display.

Thanks for that recommendation!

I need to pick up "Black and Tan" also. Any others?
Map,

"Far East Suite" is my #1A favorite Ellington record, but "Queen's Suite" and "Intimacy of the Blues" would be choices 1B and 1C, respectively. The only caveat is that I own these only on LP and haven't heard the cd versions. Both LPs (Pablo) sound very, very good, if maybe not quite up to Far East Suite quality.

As a side note, some critics have dumped on "Queen's Suite" as "minor" Ellington - but I disagree. Can't guarantee how you'll feel.

Marty

PS Glad you enjoy Far East Suite. Overall, my single favorite recording (out of many thousand) that I own.
Mapman,

Hey, I've seen plenty of copies of Far East Suite on eBay, too. Which edition and format did you get?