Phono stage rec for Rega P25 with ZYX R100-02H

Just picked up a used but perfect condition Rega P25 and added a ZYX R100-02H cartridge to it. My current phono stage is the Musical Fidelity V-LPS II, but I was thinking of upgrading with a budget of ideally less than $700-800. Any good matches for this turntable/cartridge combo?
jawks

Showing 3 responses by dayglow

A tube phono preamp will take the "edge" of the ZYX and relax it. I would investigate the YS Audio-Concerto Plus(mc-tse)$1100(new) as a possible better sounding option over the Jolida. I'm using an Allnic H-1200/AT OC9 mk2/P9 and it tames the ruthless AT! A used Allnic H-1200 can be had for under $1k. I realize these are a little over budget but don't scrimp on the phono stage especially with a $1k cartridge.
Jawks-I had a strong feeling the Jolida would not cut it with a $1000 cartridge. Do yourself a favor and look into a used Allnic H-1200!
FWIW-I've had zero issues with the H-1200. I would contact Hammertone Audio about acquiring/locating a used H-1200 before dealing with Fleabay! My favorite "budget" ss phono-pre is the Linn Linto. i've heard it several times and was impressed, should be able to find a minty one <$1k. Another used option is the Plinius-Jarrah/Koru. I have not heard these but there is near unanimous acclaim regarding these models. Might be a little over budget but they have the cartridge matching flexibility the Linn Linto lacks.
Hope this helps!