ps audio perfect wave transport

does any know if this will store more than one cd. Also any other info about it.
usarmyvet91
I agree with Guinness. Forums are great places to express an opinion. PS has had several notices explaining why the MP is delayed. Better to bring out the right product late than a lesser product on time. Notice that Oppo is very closed mouth about their new products? They grew tired of explaining the delays and pricing changes due to circumstances beyond their control. To the point...I believe it will play only one disc at a time, using a storage device to buffer.
Here is a link for a You Tube video of Paul Mcgowan talking about the new PWT...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEtBMOa5NfQ
As I understand it, it can store/buffer up to 4 minutes of music, to reduce jitter when playing an individual CD conventionally, but the intent is also that it be used as a drive to rip many CDs to an external storage device.
I really don't see the value of this transport, other than being able to play high resolution DVDs and lower jitter CD to DAC. I think I would rather have a USB DAC.

Isn't the real future of digital something like an audiphile computer? For us computer illiterates, I would like to see a single box I can hook up to my cable service. Something with a memory transport, quality DAC and/or USB output to outboard DAC, and computer all in one. I'm not looking for something I have to integrate into my desktop. Seems like someone could make a mint off of something like this. The memory player only works within an existing audio system, essentially taking the place of my present transport, not worth 3k to me. Am I missing something here?
Almost forgot some other issues I have with this transport. First of all you need a DAC that inputs high resolution data, and then you need HDMI input to attain lowest jitter (seperate word clock data). I see this product as a dedicated transport for the PS Audio DAC.