Question on Fisher 500C

Finally, got a 500c working and in good order/shape at this point I have zero complaints with the unit. I have been thinking of down sizing the speaker setup and going with a sat/sub setup. The question I have that I cannot seem to find good info on is the pre-out on the Fisher. Anyone working this with a sub. I assume rca out to sub and back in to amp to complete the circuit, but was not certain if/how the pre out will work if I cross over via the sub and bring it back into the amp. I am guessing I can use the speaker terminals to get to the same thing, but again not certain what effect that might have on the sound of the fisher. The top/mid is just perfect, but would like to go smaller without loosing the bottom end.

Any help of suggestions?
atkatana

Showing 1 response by elevick

Running the whole signal through the sub crossover will probably degrade the sound a little. If you could run the sub from the pre out and run the sats from the R&L outs it may sound better. You would then just need to play with the crossover level on the sub to even out the bass.