"What's The Best Value Speaker In $5k-$10k Range?"

I'd appreciate some advice from those experienced with great speakers. I'm hoping that this thread will be valuable to lots of others, as well.

On to my question: What are the best value speakers you can buy on the used market in the $5k-$10k price range? I think it's time to get into something world-class for music, and I've found that in each area of life or hobby, there are gems available that might not carry the most popular brand name - or be the latest fashion - but that do deliver the best performance for the money.

I'd appreciate recommendations from any resident speaker gurus. Thank you!
metalphoenix
I've been searching some time for a full range replacement for my Dyn's, looking in the 8-10k range. I had been thinking that used would make more sense, why not let somebody else take the hit on resale. I still might buy used, but right now I'm leaning toward the Vapor Joule after hearing and seeing them at RMAF. They were incredible, exactly the sound I want. And from my months of research seem to offer more parts quality, and build quality than anything I could get used for that price.

I'd say take a look at them and contact the manufacturer. They've been very patient answering my many questions. Might not be what you're looking for, but worth looking into. -Alecs
Shelby + Kroll Monitors and Sub will fit your budget and needs perfectly.
I have had them for two years and Stereomojo just released the first Pro review of them, and the reviewer got it right!
Hey guys, this has been great - thanks for the recommendations. Gives me fun research and reading time. This is not exactly within the spirit of the question I asked, but does anyone have an opinion about the MBL 126s? I've found MBL in my research, and they just look awesome and sound pretty high-tech. I'm going to have a lot of fun auditioning speakers in my future.
I spent a long time auditioning speakers in this price range. The 2 I thought best, or my favourites, were Devore gibbon 9's and Daedalus DA-RMa and I bought the latter. Good as the Devore were, the Daedalus were signifucantly better. I think they are both under your price limit.