REF3 with VS115

Hi folks
I wanted to buy a ARC LS 26 and a VS 115. I heard the combination and it sounded really good.
However, I got the opportunity to buy a second hand REF3 (first owner, less than 1 year old) for less money than the LS 26 (new).
Now I wonder if the REF3 is too much for the VS 115?
Am I in for a disappointment due to a mismatch or should I grasp the opportunity?
Thanks for your insights.
Jan
jotra
HI, it's Audio Research's newest amp, uses some ARC Reference 110 technology at a lower price, hopefully with a sound that's close! On the same continent would make me happy.
Hey Jotra, by all means the REF 3 will enhance what you hear from the VS-115. Many posts comment the REF 3 is one of the very finest, if not the finest, pre-amp made. I have the LS-26 / VS-115 combo, and I got the LS-26 before the VS-115 and put it into a system with a moderate priced ROTEL solid state amp. I was floored by the immense improvement in detail, soundstage, everything musical! I lusted after the REF 3, but like many others leaping to that level of performance might have meant having to wait much longer to move my entire system up-the-ladder.

I'm loving my all ARC front-end, but will have to wait a bit to add a reference class ARC component. If you have the resources I'm sure you'll be delighted.
I have this exact combo and, after a problem with the 115 was resolved, I am quite happy with the sound. I listened to both the 115 and the Ref 110 and feel good about my choice.