Rhodium vs Gold AC connectors

Hi dear fellows.Does anybody tried these type of connectors in power cords?In my case I don`t know which could be the differences in sound performances between them.I heard that rhodium connectors have more extended hights frequences , more airy and fluid than gold connectors, but also that they can produce a non-lively sound, with too much control.Regarding Gold connectors I red that they produce a warmer sound, specially in the mids, but with not so much detail as rhodium.Is it true?I will appreciate your comments to make a proper decision.Thanks in advance!Raf
rafael0054
you need to leave me alone!, I have not said nothing out of the way to you!, this was a very good thread until you came here to try to discredit me, I have every right to talk about these outlets that I spent weeks a/b ing,I made my pick on what works for me, do what works for you, that is all that matters!
also, I will add, my vincent cd-s7 floors the fricken Ayon cd-s2 in every way possible with sound reproduction on my system, the ayon was over priced garbage audio!, I cannot stand the sound of 6h30 russian tubes, they are forward sounding by nature, you do not know nothing about vincent audio's sound!, my system out performs many costlier than mine period, my system is $60,000.00 retail, that is enough for me currently!, there is not much difference between a system at $60,000.00 and $150,000.00, the return is very small, are you sure you are a seasoned audiophile?, I have been building system's that out perform most costlier all my life!, do not bother to talk to me any longer, talk tosome one who will listen to you, I do not need no opinon's from you to build!
Let's see Audiolabyrinth, you have a tube cd player/linestage, you are using Gold Oyaides (079’s) which are adding further warmth, have vintage JBL speakers and prefer the GTX-D(R) over the GTX-D(G)? Well dah, obbviously the rhodium version is going to have better synergy. You woudn't even need a high end system as the differences would be stark. BUT, if you want to make broad statements about the differences in sound between the two outlets, really don't waste everyone's time. Your system is not resolving or neutral enough to do that. It's like the blind leading the blind.

Secondly, regarding the story about how your Ayon CD-2s blew up, who should I believe? A guy who was suspended then put on moderation for one year on this forum after aggressively attacking another member and posting false and misleading comments in thier ad to sell a high end cd player and separate review they posted in an attempt to undermine them, or a reputable and honest member who keeps his nose clean? Tell me, who should I believe?

Yes, you have a $60k retail system...comprised of $45k worth of cables and $15k which makes up the rest of your system including your cd player, preamp, amplifier (presumably including repair costs after you blew that up as well), racks, isolation, conditioner and wpo. So you're essentially telling us that your $45k worth of cables competes with $150k systems? Maybe i'm not a "seasoned audiophile" like you afterall, lol!
Your system is not resolving or neutral enough to do that. It's like the blind leading the blind.Really!, I can hear a fly's wing's flap in the back ground of the music, I can hear the pages turn on the music book listening to classical, jazz, etc.., oh my mistake, $70,000.00 retail system, you go ahead and believe what ever fantasy world you live in, you have never listened to my system!, if you do not stop posting false info on me that is absolutley not true, I will report you!, if you think I cannot hear a substantial difference between outlet's on my system, something must be wrong with you, I am done talking to you!, you live in a different world, remember what I said here, one more time, and see what happens!, go about your bussiness and I will do the same, see ya!
When I read how Audiolabyrinth has build his system I see that we have a lot in common. My focus is only on the endresult. I want to create the best quality in sound possible for the money a person wants to spend. This way it is very easy to outperform other shops in audio. Many of them focus on a product often based on how much money it will make for them.

I have said it many times, when you use the best cables on the market you often can create a much highe endresult. As you know I have owned many Pass labs poweramps. By using the best powercables Purist Audio creates you can get a superior endresult.

For example: Pass Labs XA100.5 with Purist Audio Aqueous against Pass labs X250.5 with a Purist Audio limited edition. I got a better endresult with the X250.5 set.

Other example: We did a shootout with the Wadia S7i with a Heavensgate of 2000 euro against the limited with oyaide M1/F1 of over 4000 euro. With the Purist we found it 300% better in the overwhole sound. The low freq. were superior in speed, dynamic and layers. The mid was so much more involving and open. The same as the high freq, there was a lot more detail and air. The blacklevel went to a total new superior level. The sharpness of the individual focus of instruments and voices was so much more physical.

When I listen to sets of many highend owners I hear that many only get a small % out of their speakers. Often about 30-40%. Based on the lack of insight and knowledge in audio. When you don't use the best cables available you never get to the absolute sound. I have proven this for many years now.

The thing I love most in audio is that the best and most convincing sound always will win. For a perfectionist only the best is good enough. I have done a lot of research in audio for almost 17 years of time. And I still do a lot of tersting these days. I a aware that my knowledge and insight is still improving. The gap between me and my competitors is getting bigger every single year. Because most people in audio are lazy and have a low level of insight and knowledge.

At this moment my system is getting to a new level of sound. i even call it a statement in sound. Because regardless of meoney I never heard any system with this level of timing, blacks, layers, physical 3D stage and open mid with the best articulation of voices you can imagine. I even can let people hear the edge of voices wiht many different songs. In the last few weeks I have had many guests who work in audio and many said that it is the best they ever auditioned.

I have bought a professional laser of 1000 dollar. And now I can put all loudspakers on one line. Because walls are in most situations not build in a straight line. The difference was big when after I used the laser. For a perfectionist there is no room for error. It needs to get better every day and I want to outperform any other company in audio on this planet all the time.

My way of pro measurment has given me a new level of accuracy I never audiioned in any set regardless price. In the comming week I will receive 4 of the brand new Stillpoints Ultra 6 for under my Pass labs X350.5.

In about 2 weeks I will receive a full modified Onkyo PR-SC5509. We think with thsi modification and my way of measuement we can outperform any pre amp regardless price. And I am going to proof it ( even without the modification it outperformed my Pass Labs XP-20 wiht different Pass Labs poweramps. It also beat on all parts a Audioresearch Ref5SE on my 350.5 with Wel Signature xlr cables and Purist Audio powercables)

I never had so much fun in my work as I have now. Because my research gave me a big step forward compared to where I was before. I love audio for life!!