Steely Dan - New release / June 10th

Are there any other huge Steely Dan fans out there anxiously awaiting the new release "Everything Must Go"?

I really liked "Two Against Nature" due to the heavy jazz influence on it and I have heard two tracks from the new album. One entitled "Blue Beach" sounds very good. This should provide a nice soundtrack for the summer of '03.

Comments?
128x128gerryn
One is also supposed to be able to order this through diversevinyl.com but I can never get the link to work. UPDATE: you can go to

[url]www.diversevinyl.com[/url]

to preorder but the site has moved recently, is unstable, and slower than the mind of an inbred child.

I do know it is a German pressing on the Warner label, as opposed to Two Against which is on Giant

If you're not in a big hurry, hang in there. EIL.com, among others, will have it listed soon.

Xiekitchen, if you're taling about KAMAKIRIAD, it isn't too hard to find. Bought the UK copy from a US dealer the other day still sealed for $20. The guy had it listed under Steely Dan instead of Fagen, though, so it pays to sift carefully.

And for those who are not aware, the boys are touring this summer with tickets for several venues already on sale. Got mine for three dates! Get yours before they be gone!
Buscis2, with respect to who is with the Boys on this effort, this is from the Dan website:

"Everything Must Go took roughly a year to record -- a veritable wind sprint given Becker and Fagen's legendary meticulousness in the studio. "We went for live tracking this time and got great, in-the-pocket tracks," says Becker. Donald Fagen adds "It's mad: it's wiggy: I love it".

The core band included Keith Carlock (drums), Ted Baker (keyboards), jazz sensation Bill Charlap (keyboards), and Jon Herington and Hugh McCracken (guitars). Becker played bass and guitar, while Fagen contributed keyboards, organs, Rhodes, synths, and -- on all but one cut -- lead vocals. Becker's solo singing on one tune marks the first such credit for him in Steely Dan's studio oeuvre.

Engineering were Elliot Scheiner, Dave Russell, Roger Nichols -- all of whom received Best Engineering Grammys® for Two Against Nature -- along with newcomer T.J. Doherty. Superstar tracking and mixing engineer Elliot Scheiner comments on the process, saying "We did a few things differently -- including tracking and mixing in analog instead of digital. That contributed to giving this album a really rich and satisfying sound"."
Cool, Thanks 4yanx. And I'm surprised to find this to be Becker's first solo vocal credit. Becker's solo album "11 Tracks of Whack" was a great demonstration of Becker's kind of funky voice and singing style. It seems to be so synergistic to the Steely Dan sound.

I'm really looking forward to the new release.
I'm with Ben on Two Against Nature, I'm more of an Aja guy myself. I bought tickets for their upcoming tour, I'm seeing them for the second time in my life on August 14th in Toronto. I saw the Dan in San Jose many years ago, very much like seeing Zappa live. Lotsa musicians and the band was VERY tight. Having said that Becker was almost invisible and Fagen well... "Anthony Robbins teeth" when he sings and he seemed uncomfortable performing live. The "supporting" band members were exceptional musicians, that's why I laid out the green and will make the five hour drive for the August show.