Telefunken E188CC Sound

Has anyone heard or have the Telfunken E188CC and E88CC?. I would like to know if the E1 is worth the extra money or are the E88CC as good.The E1 go for $400.00 and the E88CC for around $150.00 to $200.00
128x128glory
Tvad
No, I have not, and new EH tubes are not what I consider new NOS. They are new...not New Old Stock, are they not? Maybe I don't understand EH stock
No, I do not consider Current made tubes as NOS. I was only trying to make the point that whether the tube is current new, or NOS new, there is a burn-in period.
==
Picking a fight? C'mon, I'm answering your question as honestly as I can. I haven't owned any new NOS tubes, so I can't answer your question since I don't have experience with their burn-in characteristics.
Sorry Grant, After rereading your post tonight I agree you were honestly just answering my question. For that I apologize.
==

You do realize that many tube sellers grade tubes as NOS if they test new, even though they are used, right?
Yes I know that. If a fellow Agon member represents the tubes as being new NOS, and through emails I determine the person is sincere I take him at his word.
So far I believe in each case the tubes were new NOS. From my own experience if I buy used NOS tubes just after a few hours the tube's sonics does not change, what you hear is what you get. Sometimes if the tubes are used and and have been out of commission for, say, 40 plus years the tubes may take a few more hours of reburn-in. I always wondered why this was the case and then I ran accross a post over on AA that shed some light on it.
http://www.audioasylum.com/scripts/t.pl?f=tubes&m=180913

As for new NOS tubes this is what I have found from my experience. When first putting the tubes into service the sound of the tube is tight, sound somewhat compressed, bass somewhat shallow, and usually highs a little rolled off. After about 8 to 10 hours of use the tubes start to open up. More air, bass getting deeper, highs a little more open, midrange opens up not as compressed. This process continues as the tubes burn-in. From my experience, at least with the Siemens CCa tubes it takes about 20 to 25 hours before the true sound of the tube comes through. After that the change is more subtle. I basically had the same expereience with a pair of new NOS USA white label early 60s 7308 Amperex tubes.
===========

06-11-06: Glory
Jea48,

Thanks for your input.
I have a Audio Note dac with Amperex white label gold pin PQ shield USA.
I just bought the Siemens CCa gray plate that is in the mail.
I am about to pull the trigger on the Telefunken E188CC for $325.00 new in the box and sealed.
>>>>>>>

This was the reason for my post in regards to burn-in of the tubes. I guess I just assumed "Glory" bought a new NOS Siemens CCa as he was ready to buy a new NOS Telefunken E188CC tube.
Jim
Thanks for your observations, Jim. I'll listen a little more closely for changes in tube sound whenever I roll tubes.
I've used all above mention tubes in my ARC SP11 MKII.
Telefunken E188CC by far is best sounding in the right placement. What I mean is they sound best at phono section.
Extend highs and very nurtual sounding. But if you placed them on line and play CD it sound hard edgy and little bright.I end up with Amperex 7308 JAN in the line with E188CC in the phono.