The best Cdp that have volume control

Hi to all experts I have SF concerto and Bryston 4BS T. I am looking for a cd player (used) that can connect directly to my amp.What is the best CD plaver that match with my system and sound smooth. The price range from $800-$2000
neronian
I hesitate to get involved in this thread, but the post above on the Wadia reminded me that, if I'm not mistaken, the initial review on the Wadia spoke of how the volume control on the Wadia was in the digital domain, and that by using the volume control to attenuate the signal (rather than running it more open and with very little attenuation, as noted in the post), the player was using some of its 16 bits to effect the attenuation, thereby at least theoretically degrading the ultimate resolution of the machine. So Jla's advice on setting the internal switches to allow for the need for less attenuation of the signal is a good one, for that player. I don't know how many players with adjustable output use this mechanism (or, if they do but are true 24-bit players, whether they would not have any noticable degradation due to their significantly higher computing power), or if they do the attenuation in the analog domain, but it may be worth looking into.
"who cares if you have listened to res-audio for 50 years, & i only heard it the 1st time yesterday? what's important, is how one thinks something *sounds*." I agree, and you certainly wouldn't better know the signature after one evening, and me having 50 years. The point is, as you state above, that you "don't care" what my expereince has been, and I'm ok with that...it only helps my position here, and helps to show your pathetic bias.
i'm sorry carl, your argument yust duzzent hold water - yew wood have to try a cd player thru a quality preamp in order to determine whether or not it improves the sound - at least for *one* evening...

and, i'm not interested in winning any brownie-points here - i really am not concerned w/whether *my position* is helped here or not. this site is only to help others to decide whether or not they may want to try something in their systems to get better sound. i'm yust giving my reactions to my experiences - they are valid to me, & may or may not be helpful &/or valid to others. of course, i *do* believe that ewe could be more helpful to others by sharing how yu came to yer conclusions - ie: what preamp(s) made yer cd-player sound worse, but if yoo choose not to be helpful, so be it.

regards, doug

ps - i *do* use spell-czech, it's yust filled w/a lot of custom words... ;~)

No, you are obviously using a voice recognition device and software, since your words are all phonetically spelled. In any case, the spelling comment was directed at Subaru, not at you (I had thought that was obvious). I am plenty helpful here, doug. I will reveal which preamp I tried, if you reveal how long you personally heard this CD50 WITHOUT a linestage, and also reveal your brother in law's personal e-mail address, so that I can contact him, and verify this story. THAT WOULD BE "WERY VELPVUL" to all of us.