Thor TA-1000 - inerverting or non-inverting absolute phase?

Does anyone know for certain if a Thor TA-1000 preamp inverts absolute phase? I think the answer is "no" but wanted to confirm.

Thanks!

montaldo

Showing 3 responses by montaldo

Thanks very much!

I upgraded the two main caps to audionote mylar in copper and it made a huge difference. Treble is less hard than with the hovlands and added resolution and texture from top to bottom. Wondering how much effect if I change the other two caps?

I bought the caps myself and had my local tech swap them out. Not too difficult for him. The second set of caps is even easier to change because it does not have other components attached on the opposite side of the board, which was the case with the main caps.

I am waiting for some new amps and after I hear what those do I may go ahead and change the other two caps.

I heard once that the mkii ta-1000 is warmer sounding than the mki. Doyle know if that is true? 

I love the Thor. Sound is amazing and dynamic, and it is incredibly quiet. 
Cool. I just bought a vac Renaissance 30/30 amp and may replace more caps in the Thor to soften the treble a tad. The Thor is so bulletproof, quiet and great sounding. Hard to imagine replacing it.