Tom Waits

Well, oops Tom did it again(poor joke-I know),this guy is like a fine wine,he keeps getting better and better,you think he's backed himself into a musical corner and he goes an write's himself out of it.I know there are people out there who dislike his music,although I've never met him/her.He must be the only immortal musician still alive today.
mingus77079

Showing 5 responses by mingus77079

'Evil clown music'-I love it!If holly cole covers other peoples songs does that make her a musician or merely an interpreter.By the way there's a great piece on Mr Waits in this months GQ magazine
Please I don't wish to offend you ..........But, Your favourite music of Tom waits is by somebody else?She sucked all the fun out of his music.She turned 1940's German avant garde circus into Disneyland,Burroughs and Bukowski into john grisham and the upright bass,the calliope and an old barroom piano into a Yamaha home organ.Maybe if she turns to prostitution,drinks straight whisky,smokes Gitanes or Gaullioses and works out near the airport for a couple of years then maybe she'll come close,oh and a false limb would help.
These are beautiful albums,'Im still here' almost reduces me to tears every time I play it,and I wish the wife and I had delayed our wedding until these albums were released,'Kommienzuspadt'would have been great as she walked down the aisle!By the way is this Yiddish or Berlin dialect written phonetically?
Thanks Sean,I've ordered Antipop from BMG.Your right that is a great song-Lacquer Head too