Tube Pre for Digital Amp

I have a Carver Pro Class "t" digital amp and am wondering if anyone out there is using tubes in front, for their Bel Canto, HCA-2, Spectron amps? thanks...
dmason
Agree with the estimable Mr. Rubinson. My tubed SF Line 3 and bridged eVo2's make beautiful music together.
Audible Illusions 3 pre-amp with PS Audio HCA-2 amp has displaced my Threshold amp.
Rockhead uses a Suprtek Syrah with his Spectron... I think he really likes that combo.
KR4 & Shamburg...

Im sure this pertains to Dmason's question also.
I know it will would be pretty cheap to buy a used
tubed pre and try it out but im intrested to hear
your opinions...

By putting tubes in front of the EVO/S did you lose anything as far as detail, speed...ect. The analogy im thinking would be like putting a 50 lb sand bag on the back of the finest tuned athlete... for instance a Barry Sanders if you havent seen him run(im sure you have) he's the perfect balance of quickness, speed, peripheral vision, dynamic power and grace. Stop and start on a dime and give you change back.. cha-ching!
I would say that is exactly how i would describe my EVO6.
Would one lose any of that?

Thanks,
Steve
Hey Voodoochile:

Good question. Personally, I've always favored tubed pre-amps for what they deliver in terms of spatiality and bloom. Coupled with a detailed, fast, and muscular amplifier like the eVos–and you get sounds that's detailed and smooth with being etched.

But: I've heard the Bel Canto PRE (which is solid state) makes a great match with the eVos.