Ultimate DIY speaker design?

Hey everyone,

I've got the bug to build a set of DIY speakers, I havent built a set in years.

Is there an ultimate design out there that anyone can recomment?

I saw the WATT Puppy designs out there but I am wondering what else I might consider trying.

Note, I definitely dont want a kit, I wouldn't mind doing a custom design I come up with myself but I would ideally like to try a clone of something with top pedigree.

Thanks in advance!
idfnl
Troels Gravesen in his most recent "Speakers Corner" of 9/11/09 (see his website) writes of a transmission line Watt Puppy clone project he'll soon be starting. Nice drivers by general description.
I built a DIY kit last year and I'm thrilled with the result. Could you offer some more info, re: budget, size constraints, music preference etc? That would help us give a better recommendation

Steve
Jack Hammer has very poor transiant responce due to massive excursions not so good for music mostly used for SPL compitions. Plus its cone is far smaller. MTX needs far more power because its very inefficent unlike fostex 31.5 in at 96db 1 watt 8ohms it can play far louder and lower on small power than a MTX whitch is not even designed for use as a music driver. The fostex is a much better performer unless ones just wants to play notes for SPL compitions. Than MTX all the way.
These are shaping up to be some very impressive speakers: http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=33995