upgrading JADIS JA-200, JPS2 and JPS3

Hi,
any experience welcomed in terms of upgrading components (capacitors, resistors, internal wiring) even modifications of audio circuits!
Shoot...
thegreathunter007
Hi,
I have read modification examples published on the net:
http://www.high-endaudio.com/Modifications.html#Pre
concerning preamps (example given of JP-80) and power amps (example given on golden tube 300B amp) and would like to know what you think about applicability to jadis equipments, in particular JA-200, JPS 2 and JPS 3 and if somebody tried anything suggested on this site for mods
Since the JPS2 is essentially the line stage of the JP80 (not sure how the extra tube for the CD input fits in, though, if you have it in your preamp), Arthur's mods for the JP80 should be applicable for that unit, though I'd want a qualified technician to confirm that. If your hearing and listening biases are similar to Arthur's, you might like the difference.

What is the JPS3? Is that a standalone phono stage? Never saw it here in the states.
Hi Rcprince,
The JPS3 is a two blok phono stage with an external psu, looks physically like the JPS2.
When you change coupling capacitors, what is your favorite brand, I understand Audio note, copper but did you try the silver and other hi-end capacitors like mundorf, ?
I thought that was what it was. Interesting, you have as many chassis to deal with as I do with my JP200MC! And I don't even use the phono stage in the Jadis, unless my outboard phono stage I have is out for updates.

I have gone without mods to my JP200 (it's already a very rare unit, as it is one of only a few that uses EF86 tubes rather than 12AX7s), and I already mentioned earlier the mods I made to my old JP80 and JA 80s. I liked the Audio Notes because they were extremely liquid and grainless, similar to their better equipment, but they might not be your cup of tea. Perhaps there is someone else on these forums who has tried some of Salvatore's mods?