upgrading JADIS JA-200, JPS2 and JPS3

Hi,
any experience welcomed in terms of upgrading components (capacitors, resistors, internal wiring) even modifications of audio circuits!
Shoot...
thegreathunter007
Thegreathunter007 ..Do your self a favor and call Brooks Berdan in Monrovia CA.He is Jadis as they say!!.Ask him what happens when you replace something as simple as caps with non original Jadis..
Hi Microstrip, my units date from before I purchased them in 1994... at this time there was not even a protection fuse! I use old Kimber KCTG interconnects and a Kimber black pearl speaker cable with maggies 3.5 (sorry, I went to Africa eight years and did not follow technological innovations>>>joke)
Even Jadis folks evolve, for their new anniversary version of the 80 family they changed a few things, including capacitors (they look yellow...)...
Would be interesting to know which of these upgrades can be applied to the other models!
Hi,
I have read modification examples published on the net:
http://www.high-endaudio.com/Modifications.html#Pre
concerning preamps (example given of JP-80) and power amps (example given on golden tube 300B amp) and would like to know what you think about applicability to jadis equipments, in particular JA-200, JPS 2 and JPS 3 and if somebody tried anything suggested on this site for mods
Since the JPS2 is essentially the line stage of the JP80 (not sure how the extra tube for the CD input fits in, though, if you have it in your preamp), Arthur's mods for the JP80 should be applicable for that unit, though I'd want a qualified technician to confirm that. If your hearing and listening biases are similar to Arthur's, you might like the difference.

What is the JPS3? Is that a standalone phono stage? Never saw it here in the states.
Hi Rcprince,
The JPS3 is a two blok phono stage with an external psu, looks physically like the JPS2.
When you change coupling capacitors, what is your favorite brand, I understand Audio note, copper but did you try the silver and other hi-end capacitors like mundorf, ?