Von Schweikert VR-4,Jr.

Was anyone else as impressed by these speakers at HE 2004 as I was? I thought their performance was stupendous, and can only wonder what the bigger models sound like.
gladstone
If the VR4 Jr's are anything like thhe VR4 HSE speakers, they will improve dramatically over the next several months...especially in the musicality of the bass. Enjoy.
are going to enter a whole new level of performance. I'd suggest you fasten your seatbelt at the 200 hour break-in point. Add lead shot once placement is optimized.

Enjoy!

Jack
Just got a pair, and am breaking them in this week. Ihave a Gamut D200 amp, which has two sets of output terminals. The manual says you can use both in a biwire setup, taking the "direct" set for the tweeter/mids, and the "filtered" set for the woofers. Now I need to buy MORE new wires!!!
It never ends!!
Brrgrr, you don't have to get fancy for the woofer wire. Home Depot 12 gauge, or Canare 4S11 should be fine.
Tvad,
Do you mean fromyour reply that the woofer wire is less critical than the tweeter wire, or that HD 12 or Canare would be fine for both?.

I currently have a Blue Heaven single wire, as well as a set of inexpensive Rapport wires that I'm trying as a biwire. I'd forgotten Gamut's biwire capability , and VSA recommends a shotgun system as giving the best sound, leaving the link wire out. I will be trying that as soon as the speakers have some hours on them.

Carl