Von Schweikert VR-4,Jr.

Was anyone else as impressed by these speakers at HE 2004 as I was? I thought their performance was stupendous, and can only wonder what the bigger models sound like.
gladstone
If all goes well my Vr 4jr's will be in my living room in two weeks. I appreciate the discussion thus far. It has given me much to consider and prepare for. I will be adding lead shot to the speakers and at least initially will not be biwiring (I run my speaker wire under our wood floor and at this point can only tolerate holes of a certain size through the floor -- I use Kimber 8TC). It is nice to know that I have an upgrade path that is not a major component change in my future though. I will be driving my 4 jr's with a McIntosh 6900 integrated and am expecting a Exemplar Audio modified Denon 2900. Making a front end and speaker change at one time will not allow for an objective comparison to my old system but I have long since done away with objectivity as a worthwhile audiophile sensibility. Thanks again for the thoughtful discussion,
I received my pair earlier this week. I have about 50 hours on them. I am blown away. Great refinement in the middle and upper ranges. Great bass. They sound awesome at low volume! And to know that they are hardly broken in yet and that things are only going to improve...well......I am one happy man. I am working on positioning still and have not filled them with shot yet. THey are connected to my MAC 6900 integrated. These are great speakers!
If the VR4 Jr's are anything like thhe VR4 HSE speakers, they will improve dramatically over the next several months...especially in the musicality of the bass. Enjoy.
are going to enter a whole new level of performance. I'd suggest you fasten your seatbelt at the 200 hour break-in point. Add lead shot once placement is optimized.

Enjoy!

Jack
Just got a pair, and am breaking them in this week. Ihave a Gamut D200 amp, which has two sets of output terminals. The manual says you can use both in a biwire setup, taking the "direct" set for the tweeter/mids, and the "filtered" set for the woofers. Now I need to buy MORE new wires!!!
It never ends!!