VPI bearing oil/grease?

I know this has been discussed and forgive me but I'm a little confused. Most of my confusion is from talking with Mike at VPI. I called VPI years ago to ask what type of lubricant to use, the answer was white lithium grease. ( no mention of any of this in the owner's manual) After my bushings were replaced a few years later with bronze, I inquired as to what oil/grease was recommended. The answer was 40W oil. After reading other posts here, I've read that Mike has recommended Mobil synthetic, I don't ever recall them recommending VPI bearing grease to me or anyone. I'd like to get a definitive answer from VPI users here. Thanks.
128x128slaw
Frogman/Slaw,
If you can, try and get some Motul V300 Power Racing, either 0W30 or 5W40.
It is simply the best synthetic oil on the planet, a double ester synthetic, using extract from Copra. It is highly unctuous, which means a film will adhere to non moving parts and very slippery. Mobil 1 is like sandpaper in comparison. Most of the race cars with Mobil 1 stickers on them are not usually using it. I have tried various, molybdenum sulphates, laboratory grade oils, etc on TT's ranging from Linn/Oracle/Roksan/Townsend and many others. On the Roksan which has a very fine bearing, the 0W30 worked well. On my Final Audio ( 22kg platter/inverted bearing ) I use the 5W40. Unless the bearing is low tolerance for conventional non inverted bearings the 0W30 is fine.
In my experience some of the teflon based products and lower grade oils increase wear markedly.
Thanks, Dover I will look into the Motul; it's getting to be time for my annual bearing cleaning and relubing.
Frogman: Yes, the heavier, thicker lube makes for a less lively, thicker, muddy, uninvolving sound that makes listening a chore.

Dover: Thanks for the Motul suggestion, I remember now, hearing guys involved in motorcyle racing mentioning this oil.
On my Final Audio ( 22kg platter/inverted bearing ) I use the 5W40 (motul)

Dover, how do use this oil on an inverted bearing? Don't most use grease?