What is new with the Memory Player?

I have read that this player is the next great source at the online mags. Have others heard this player and is it currently being sold? What are the impressions of those who have heard this machine? Any information would be nice since I have read almost nothing other than what is contained in the magazines. Bob
128x128baranyi
I don't know if this would be possible, but we could ask. I will be in N.Y within a month so it may be possible to do a shootout then. But lets do it this way, instead of making the units just transports, let them go head to head as the transport and dac. All the post that I have seen thus far only uses the MP as a transport. This is my last post on this subject. If you would like to speak more on this subject, my phone number is listed on our website. Until NY, have fun listening.
I'd say that sounds more than fair and reasonable, he's even coming to New York, couldn't get any closer.

Agree, Steve Nugent should check this out too, he's the other genius wizard with computer based music.

Getting these guys together would be great.
Vinlorjazz,
I happen to be in San francisco right now on a trip. Would it be possible to arrange an audition of your equipment in the next few days? Bob Aranyi
"Tokyo, Japan, June 27, 2007—Asahi Kasei EMD today launched the AK4397, a 32-bit 192kHz high performance audio DAC for professional audio equipment and top-of-the-line consumer DVD/DVD-Audio/SACD player, AV receiver and digital mixer product applications. The AK4397 is the newest line-up of our Audio4proTM product range.

The new 32-bit digital operation block provides a fully 32-bit processing for the audio interface, perfect linear phase digital filter and delta-sigma modulator. It allows high accuracy D/A conversion of 32-bit audio signal generated by high accuracy processor such as 32-bit DSP.

Innovative design techniques include a symmetrical layout for the left-right switched capacitor DAC and fully separated analog power routing to avoid any degradation by cross talk and common impedance. Additionally, own unique switched capacitor DAC with excellent anti-jitter performance, circuit design to suppress the jitter generated internally, dedicated power supply pin for clock circuit result in unprecedented sound quality.

The AK4397 further provides a dedicated input port for direct stream digital (DSD) data input, sampling rate from 30kHz to 216kHz, fully differential analog outputs, digital attenuator, de-emphasis filters, soft mute and zero detection functions. The performance is THD+N of -103dB and S/N of 120dB. The operating voltage is 5V.

The AK4397 is available in a 44-pin LQFP package. Function and software compatibility with the industry standard AK4396 24-bit Audio DAC means a simple upgrade path for AK4396-based systems. For a demo of its high quality sound, the AK4397 evaluation boards and samples are available now. To obtain more information, contact Asahi Kasei EMD Corporation, Audio & Video Business Operation, Nishi-Shinjuku 1-23-7, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0023, Japan."