What is the best DAC ever made?

Hello,

Just looking for some imput on high quality DAC's...I have owned a number over some time and have loved and lost them...Currently I am using the Classe DAC-1 to great pleasure...Just thought I would ask others what they thought!
Ag insider logo xs@2xbearotti
For my 2 cents worth I'll say the Wadia 9. Best sound I've ever heard when paired with the 7 transport.
Just discovered this thread....

Thanks Ertugrul for your comments re: Metronome Kalista transport w/kls DAC on similar level as $100k continuum tt. Reviewers and owners have made similar comments that the Kalista is more like a super high-end tt setup than digital. I recently heard similar results ina system featuring Magico Reference loudspeakers.

As a bonus, the Kalista is stunningly beautiful, too.

As Linn demonstrated many years ago, the source component is the most important component in a system.
Well, I am not a distributor but proud owner of the Metronome Kalista/C2A signature DAC combo (for few months now) and upon extended listening in my own system it rivals my two well reserched and set up analog set-ups. The Kalista/c2a combo simply is the best digital (or non-digital) sound I have heard. I have not heard all the top level DACs but have heard enough to claim this combo to be the best "I" have heard.