What's the greatest bargain in SET these days?

Hi, Gang,
I response to my recent review of the Reference 3A De Capo BE speaker, someone wrote that if you really want to hear them sing, you should try them with a SET amp, or words to that effect.
That got me thinking. The De Capo's are 92 db efficient, which (correct me if I'm wrong) seems kind of borderline for low-power SET amps.
In any event, right now I'm running mine with a pair of Manley Mahi mono-blocks. They are switchable from triode (20 watts) to "ultra linear" (40 watts). I run them in triode all the time, and in my room, the volume knob almost never goes past 9 o'clock; more would just be too loud.
All that said, what do you guys think of running the De Capo's with a SET amp? And if I did, what's the best bargain in SET's these days?
Thanks!
rebbi
Rebbi, If you built the bottle head you can build a 300b amp kit. Audio Note Kits have some nice 300b amps to choose from. Tube Audio Labs have some good amps as well. The great thing about building your own is that you can change the flavor of the sound to your liking by changing a resistor or capacitor in the circuit or power supply. Start with very good power supply. Get very good output trannys or at least good ones to start with. Lundahl makes very good iron and so does Electra-Print. Changing parts and iron as funds allow.
Jetrexpro,
Forgot all about the fact that AN makes kits. Their cheapest 300b kit is $2250... not chump change but not stratospheric, either. Tube Audio Labs asks you to email him for prices, which I may do. Thanks for the tips.
Alright I'll play. I don't have a great deal of experience with SET'S although I do own one, which I purchased to replace a Jolida 102a in a second system. I've paired it to a passive SMD pot....highly modified Klipsch Hersey and 2 M&k 150 subs. This system just plain works.....powerful and dynamic. It took a lot of tweaking to get the Heresy to sound as good as they do now. The amp is also a big part of the end result....as much as I was fond of the little Jolida....this simply blows it away.

The amp I'm referring to is a GTA SE40 with sonic craft upgrade plus other special tweaks....bee's wax caps...rhodium post and rca's...etc.

Any....best value to me is equal to price performance ratio. I paid 500 and put another 100 into it....and with that I think it is a contender.
Alright I'll play. I don't have a great deal of experience with SET'S although I do own one, which I purchase to replace a Jolida 102a in a second system. I've paired it to a passive SMD pot....highly modified Klipsch Hersey and 2 M&k 150 subs. This system just plain works.....powerful and dynamic. It took a lot of tweaking to get the Heresy to sound as good as they do now. The amp is also a big part of the end result....as much as I was fond of the little Jolida....this simply blows it away.

The amp I'm referring to is a GTA SE40 with sonic craft upgrade plus other special tweaks....bee's wax caps...rhodium post and rca...etc.

Any....best value to me is equal to price performance ratio. I paid 500 and put another 100 into it....and with that I think it is a contender.