What's up with Soundstage Direct?

They have been my go to source for new music for years. In the past 8 months, orders have been very slow. E-mails and calls are very sketchy. Anyone else have thoughts here?

128x128slaw
I had 7 LP's thay I was waiting on thay I ordered that never were delivered. I had to call and at least was refunded for 5 of them. I ordered from Amazon and Discogs with no issues. R
Leason learned! So never ordering from them again !!!
I shopped with Soundstage Direct for years, without issue. Then, when I did have a problem with a $50 defective album, I spent months trying to resolve the issue. Emails were prompt, but follow-ups from them were non-existent. A couple of weeks would go by, and I'd have to prod them again. I'll never send them another nickel.Glad it wasn't a $4000 turntable, ouch.
Color me gullible ! Placed an order for rather expensive cart. on May 22. Was told by Seth would have ’week to 10 days’. That goes by, get apology from Seth though then told: ’as per website 2-4 weeks’. Give it past July4th. Seth wouldn’t respond to texts..... finally get live person at SSD who did call me back with: ’it will be another 3 weeks’. While that would be 7/31 & now seeing all the issues piling up out there, I’ve filled claim with CC. Funny (not) , I did ck on forum after first delay & only prior problem was with Seth posting his cel & appeared resolved. Also had a few record trans. over the years with one no-problem refund about a year ago.
I stopped doing business there after my third "take forever and call Seth several times" order. In my experience it started during Christmas. Bad timing. I waited a month and finally got the order when I threatened Seth with a bad Google review. He sent my order that day and gave me a $100 gift certificate for doing a nice review. I waited another month for the order using the gift certificate. Then one last time because they claimed to stock a record that I couldn't find anywhere else. I have since updated my Google review and laid it out as it is.

I've spoken to Seth on several occasions and he is always apologetic and promises better service in the future. First he claimed that he tried to expand last year and couldn't find anyone to run the satellite warehouses, so he pulled back. Plus, Amazon is killing him.Then he was having trouble getting the stock back from the satellite warehouses. Then he didn't have any people, but he hired a new crew and they would be trained and everything would go back to normal.

I imagine the story has changed, but I believe as many of you do, he is going under. Too bad, he is a nice guy.

I would be very careful if you order from them. I believe they are buying stock as cash comes in. It most likely is not your stuff. Note, they take the money at the time of the order from PayPal or CC. Then most likely use it to pay the distributor for their most recent record order for customer orders that were ordered weeks ago, not yours. The same with hardware.
Also, everyone is recommending other shops. Try Elusive Disc. They ship immediately, have the same pricing structure with coupons. I'm very satisfied with their service and selection. They stock Speakers Corner, no waiting for German shipment like if you buy them from MD.I also notice that when MD has a 15% or higher coupon, their posted prices are $5 higher. I haven't seen that at Elusive.