Who Are You? or should I say "who were you?"

I usually read and do not reply to these posts; but after some family reunions the last month was curious "Who are you?" I will say that my family members are very familiar to most everyone in the U.S.; will list at later my relatives. Hope this makes some of you smile a little, Charlie
texan

Showing 1 response by pe3046

Well, I used to be the world traveling (lived in europe and the middle east for most of my most impressionable years) MTV watching cyberpunk intellectual genie wearing ex-patriot photographer who was listening to my discman or car stereo 24/7 when not at home and my home theater when at home. Used to only listen to 78 punk, industrial, and dm/cure/smiths type bands. Now that I am 28, I am a conservative khaki wearing gadget addicted (pocket pc replaced the discman, but it has a 512 mb card for mp3's in it) digital imaging workflow designer/network administrator who now only travels to Mexico City to see my fiancee. While I still listen to music 24/7, since finding audiogon I spend less and less time with the home theatre and more and more time with my 2 channel system (to the point where I am thinking of selling off all of my HT). My musical interests have been slighly altered, I still listen to the music I did when I was young but I don't listen to the radio now or buy cd's of newer music unless it is rock en espanol. I find I don't really identify with any of the music they play on MTV or VH1, VH1 classic is what I watch. Used to watch a lot of TV, now I like nothing better than to kick the stereo on, find a good book to read (expensive since I can read a whole book in 1 night) or just listen to my stereo with my dog skyler, a norwegian elkhound. My family sees me quite differently now, while I still yearn to live abroad I have one destination in mind and have settled down quite a bit. But music is still the common thread that runs throughout everything in my life. Without music I would not have met my fiancee, the woman who had changed my life most profoundly and caused me to challenge what I used to think was important.

Patrick