Wilson Audio MAXX series III

Hi there,

anybody has more info about as on the Wilson side?
price? heard it? maybe against a Maxx series II!

thanks

Jürgen
foghost
However I did't feel it was musically satisfying. Maybe it should be mated with tube amps?
Or maybe a myriad of other possibilities.
I wonder if the Maxx III can be satisfactorily driven by SET amps, specifically the 18wpc Lamm ML2.1? Some people have no problem driving the Alexandria with the ML2.1. Has anyone tried the Max III and Lamm ML2.1?
The Maxx 3's are so new, might be hard to get this combo you're asking about.

I plan to try my Maxx 3's with a single BAT VK75SE vs my current 150SE's over the Christmas/New years break. If it works out, I'll sell one amp and use the other to fund some new purchase or payoff bills (more likely(

The Maxx 3's are effortless with the BAT 150SE's...
Wilson audio says the Maxx 3 is an easier load than the Maxx 2 even though the specs indicate the Maxx 3 is 91 dB vs the 92 dB for Maxx 2. And the published nominal impedance value of 4ohm is the same. I wonder what makes the Maxx3 an easier load.
Technically I can't really answer.

But from experience, the Maxx 3 plays louder at the same volume setting on my preamp than the Maxx 2's.

My dealer commented that the better time alignment allows more of the music to arrive at the precise moment, giving the impression of "loudness". Of course that also allows a lot of detail, decay, good things to also happen. I do listen at lower volume settings now...