Your First Concert was.....

My first concert was Arlo Guthrie at the Shaffer (sic) Music Festival in Central Park, NYC. It cost 2 bucks and it was for his "Running Down the Road" album.
dreadhead
My first concert was: Murray the K presents @ the Brooklyn Fox in '64.
I was 15 then & about 20 of us (The Innocents) went to see 20+ of our favorite groups.
It was the who's who of R&R.
Smookie Robinson & the Miracles, Frankie Valle & the Four Seasons, The Tymes, The Drifters, Ben E King, The Shirelles, The Angles, Jan & Dean, The Platters, Bill Baker & the 5 Satins, Len Barry & the Dovells, The Capris, The Earls, Jay & the Americans + some other great groups that I now can't remember anymore.
Needless to say - I had the time of my life & so did my kid brother (13) who had Francine sitting on his lap throughout the show.
I may not remember every group there, but will always treasure the 3+ hours that December.
I still will never forgive myself for not buying the LP on the way out of the theater.
KING CURTIS & THE KINGPINS february 1965 a barn dance venue ...no cover charge in East Middlebury, Vermont...audience of about 100 ...they opened with Memphis Soul Stew, fatback drums, Cornell Dupree on guitar, and a skinny left handed kid with his hair in a process, introduced as Jimi James...said he was on his way to England...he showed us how guitar should be played...to this day i contend he played on Otis Redding's Ole man trouble on Stax. the rest is history.
The Carpenters-Saratoga Performing Arts Ctr., Saratoga Springs,NY 1971 "Close to You" tour.
They were tight as hell as I recall !