Zingali Overture series thumbs "up" or "down"

I am unable to demo the Zingali Overture 2s and 4s. Does anyoone have first hand experience and/or useful coments? (no dealers please). Thanks
davkle

Showing 1 response by martinnick2332

Overture .4s is quite simply the best speaker I have ever heard. Ultra natural, gorgeous bass, and the most marvellously open midrange, totally box-free sound free of any coloration.
The ultimate test is piano - and through the Zingalis, Brahms's Variations and Fugue on a theme of Handel (Sheffield Lab) transports me into a recital room, positioned 20 feet from the instrument, indistinguishable from the real thing.
They are also remarkably free of any distortion, so that opera music that might generally struggle to remain defined and dynamic through all other speakers I have previously owned, is played effortlessly, and with natural highs and crescendoes that are creamy smooth yet not lacking punch.
I understand Zingalis fly with low powered valve amps. Yet I can't imagine it gets any better than my setup, and I'm feeding them with an Accuphase 406V that is rated 170 wpc. Front end is Michell turntable, Sumiko Pearwood cartridge, Plinius phono stage and Morch arm.
Clearly there are no hard and fast rules, and my dealer tells me they are unfussy of amplification.