great musician's audio systems

A Naim dealer recently told me that Charlie Haden (bassist for Ornette Coleman in early 60's) had an all Naim rig with a Linn TT. I know for sure that Keith Richards and Ron Carter both own Tetra speakers (the manufacturer lets that be easily known). I have been curious if any of my fellow audiophiles might know what the audio systems of other great musicians were like. And if anyone knows of past musican's rigs (Pablo Casals, Jimi Hendrix, whatever) this should be a very interesting discussion indeed.
chashmal
For years Lee Landesberg (of Landes Audio in Chester, NJ) claimed that Keith Jarret used his (Lee's) speaker designs. Lee no longer designs, builds his own speakers so I'm not sure what he uses.
Musicians don't need fancy equipment, though there are many stories like Patty labelle and VR9s et al. The reason they need little in terms of fancy stuff is that musicians hear a piece of music in their head and the recording is just a cue.
My wife played violin very seriuosly as a child protoge, in music camp, then college and beyond but she has given it up for many years now.
I went to buy my first high end system and was shopping for weeks. My wife just couldn't get it. She is definitely not tone deaf or has ruined her ears with loud music. She said what is the difference they all sound OK just buy one already. I had made inumerable changes to that system which she took ownership of and the changes didn't matter in the least to her. The music is in her head.
Interesting thread! I went to the Tetra website, and found a "Who's Listening" page (below), which trumpets celebrity endorsements. Celebrity endorsements are supposed to be an effective form of advertising, but I'd not seen it much an audio, and wondered: this rub anybody the wrong way?
John

http://www.tetraspeakers.com/pages/whosListening.html
It would under most circumstances, but I really really like Ron Carter. I guess that's the desired effect! By the way, I bought my Tetras way before I ever saw their site and knew of these endorsements. Knowing this now actually makes me question the marketing angle, because they really use very few dealers. But I love my 205's!
Very interesting thread. Remember though, a lot of musicians put out really bad sounding LPs/CDs!! Makes one wonder if they ever hear the music on a stereo at all!