Company or Solitude?

I was thrilled weeks ago to have my girlfriend, for the first time, sit and listen with me to my system.
She truly enjoyed it and now prompts me to fire it up so we can sit and get lost together.
We have a great time and I love having her there, but I find I don't get truly involved in the "music" unless I'm alone.
Fortunatly I have the best of both worlds.

So how about you?
With or without company, is it better, worse or just different?
mr_man
I like talking to my friends about audio and it makes for lightwieght listening session. When I really want the music to rock my jelly roll soul I have to be alone.
There are times when just turning on the music and letting it flow over me, is all that is wanted or needed. Just to let go and dive into the sound, alone, forgetting everything and everyone else. Escape, sure but a great escape.
Other times with other people it is a nice adjunct or even if it has become a given or taken forgranted by me their ears and reactions revive me to the music and capabilities of my system. Leading me to go further and wakeup even more.
Rockadanny, exactly! My listening sessions can last up to 8 hours, sometimes the path is perfect, sometimes not so. On those night where everything is just right I'm simply blown away. I also generally listen to entire cds and/or albums, very rarely skip over too many songs.
Solitude, without question. My wife refers to me as an Old Poop, as I get annoyed when my time alone in my Man Cave gets interupted by the phone ringing or my wife wanting to chit-chat. I enjoy my job, work hard and deal with customers & co-workers 50 hours a week... but I look forward to my decompression time in my Man Cave... alone.