High End jargon; your take

I've been around here for a good while now and read these terms frequently. Looked at some of the audio glossaries on the net. I still don't feel I have a good handle on their meaning. What do these terms mean to you?

"Tight" as in "the bass became more tight."

"Hi Fi" as in "it sounds "hi fi" (as opposed to high end)

"Warm" as in "warm bass."

Thanks
foster_9
Thanks for the "serious" responses. Some of you others are a hoot. The mention before of "musical" as a descriptor for gear reminds me how ridiculous that is.
Yep..

But the uncertainty and subjectivity doesn’t stop there, for many others remain in ordinary use, some being offered up as editorial staples .

Such as…

TUNEFUL
ORGANIC
SWEET
DRY
RICH
SPACIALITY
DYNAMIC
SLAM
WET
INNER GLOW
COOL
PRAT = PACE, RHYTHM AND TIMING ... isn't that what the performers are supposed to have going for them already? How is sound reproduced without these elements…. Unless you have your thumb on the LP as it spins.

Use only the denotative definition, even in context, and many descriptions become laughable rather than laudable… and the connotative usage, still in context, remains ambiguous pointing towards yet more vagary.

The truly funny thing, is the use of these and so many other terms are so widespread and accepted without much afterthought. As if we all have the same degree of ‘Sweet’ attached to that word or to any of the others.

In lieu of this, the attempts to reveal the essence of what has been divined continues to be entertaining, yet provides only a general sense of a thing and not it’s thumbprint. Consequently the most important epithet around these parts will eternally be:
Experience.
….or the “Try it for yourself”, suggestion which is the declarative test dispelling further speculation, with logistics and finances, being for so many, the true bars to this insightful event.

Perhaps, following the next glowing ‘redress’ of some vaunted high end appliance, the editorialist will then define that description by degrees. lol
I can't believe the staggering amount of info this thresd has induced from the inmates.Can we take SPRAT one step further or is this the end to quote Jim?TIA,Bob
Glad you asked about "Pace", "Rhythm" and "Timing"!! The fella that first mentioned these dynamics(viv-a-vis critical listening), Martin Colloms, is a highly regarded British audio reviewer, speaker designer and holds a number of engineering degrees. I thought some might care to read(carefully- all of it) the following treatise, and gain some illumination on the meanings the terms: (http://www.stereophile.com/reference/23/index.html) I just re-read it myself(I've still got the Nov. '92 Stereophile issue), and it's interesting how it flows so well with what was stated earlier about, "tight bass". Some of Mr Colloms works: (http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=au%3AMartin+Colloms&fq=ap%3A%22colloms%2C+martin%22+%3E+ln%3Aeng&qt=facet_ln%3A) (http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0470094303.html) I believe he may know a little something on the subject of audio/music reproduction! Happy listening!!