Predicting the AGon economy?

What are your thoughts on how the high-end audio market will fare given the current state of the economy?

We're not exactly your typical demographic when it comes to being hit by a recession. I know people who would sell their bed before downgrading their rig. On the other hand, most sales on this site (ostensibly) are the result of upgrading which is probably reduced at this point. So with both supply and demand going down, I haven't really seen very many price fluctuations.

I'm no expert on economics, but it seems that even this market should have an optimal time to buy. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I haven't been able to figure this one out.
joshclark
Good replies so far... Viridian's remark hits closest I think to the model I was trying to theorize. Some of the gear that I've been looking at (VTL, Shindo, Devore among others) has all actually gone up in price since September. Less items + more free time to read excellent reviews = a desire to buy said equipment as soon as it's posted.
Does anyone have any sense of what percentage of gear gets sold during its first listing period? Any idea of whether that percentage is heading up or down over recent months. My own guess would be down.
"I'm no expert on economics, but it seems that even this market should have an optimal time to buy."

Josh, it's always the summer. Less goods coming onto the board, many, many, less buyers, and prices are much lower. Sell in winter, buy in summer.
Post removed