Skylan vs. Sound Anchor speaker stands? Comments?

Is there an appreciable difference between Sound Anchor and Skylan speaker stands? They both appear well made. Each can be filled with sand.

If you believe one is superior, please explain why.

Thanks in advance.
tvad
Makes you wonder why he didn't try the barstools first.I guess they were not "audiophile approved" and did not cost enough to warrant an audition!!!!!!!!
I have both for my Spendor S 100s. The one thing I am sure of is that they don't sound the same. The 100s did not work well in my current room previous to its overhaul and I have not had a chance to work with them in its new configuration. For THIS PARTICULAR SPEAKER I would probably go with Skylan as the SAs use adjustable rubber feet to hold the back of the speaker and I don't care for this. But this is a personal prejudice and they worked fine in previous rooms.
Stanwal, the Skylan web page describes incorporating neoprene de-coupling pads. Are these located on the top of the top plate (thus between the bottom of the speaker and the top of the stand)?

Do you use them this way?

I wonder if these neoprene pads, and the SA's adjustable rubber feet can be removed?

I have purchased speakers that are intended to be placed on mass loaded stands, but the manufacturer recommends blue tacking the speakers to the stands for rigidity.
My Skylan have small pads that can be removed, the rubber feet are on screws and would be more problematic. I don't think that most of their stands use these. I did an extensive test on interfaces this last year and concluded that Blutak is my last choice. Others such as Martin Colloms disagree. To me it deadened the top end. I much preferred Star Sound Audio points [ for which I am a dealer] but now use cups and ball bearings with marble tiles on top. Gives best sound but not for users with small children or big pets. Blutak is certainly rigid, I have had to pry things off after using it. All this is almost certainly system and taste dependent, they aim at different effects. Blutak intends to make the speaker and stand one unit, Star Sound intends to drain vibration from the speaker to the ground through the stand and the roller ball system intends to isolate the speaker from the ground. All do what they were intended to do. I use some specialty products for mass loading , I have seen steel blasting shot recommended but haven't used it. I has trouble getting one of the skylan tight enough to hold cat litter and haven't tried the metal material I have in my other stands, I am using Target and Atacama right now as the skylan and SA don't fit the speakers I am currently using. I have Atabits in the Atacama and Star Sound Micro Bearings in the Target. both of which I am a dealer for. Both are good but not cheap which is why I suggested the blasting shot. I used the smallest Audio Points under the S 100s most of the time [ point down] but also placed them directly on the stands. These different configurations make a considerable difference but results will vary with room and system in my opinion.
Stanwal, what you describe regarding Blutak is what the manufacturer intends, i.e. rigid coupling.

I can't say what I would prefer, but I first have to go with what's suggested before I deviate.

I considered Sistrum speaker stands, but frankly, in my seismic prone location sharp brass points are not the best choice for keeping gear undamaged even in a small shaker.

Anyway...any further comments on the Skylan versus Sound Anchors are appreciated.