Skylan vs. Sound Anchor speaker stands? Comments?

Is there an appreciable difference between Sound Anchor and Skylan speaker stands? They both appear well made. Each can be filled with sand.

If you believe one is superior, please explain why.

Thanks in advance.
tvad
I've tried Skylan and several high quality metal stands just recently (not Sound Anchor) and it seems so far that the metal stands have a slightly more lively sound. The Skylan is filled with sand, which might be a factor. Reading various reports on audioasylum seem to confirm that metal is a bit livelier as a rule of thumb. That might be a big clue as to which one you want to start with.

Also I've noticed that I like the one stand I'm using that is basically a wide frame instead of having thick posts, the EPOS ST12. I've always felt that speakers like having space to breath around them - always felt that floorstanders need to be on spikes tall enough to give them some room between speaker and floor - so this is consistent with that observation I've had over time.

Art
I was under the impression that Skylan stands are metal, excepting the base and top platform. Is this not correct?

On the other hand, Sound Anchor stands are 100% metal, yes?

What would you think of a 3/4" birch plywood stands...basically a boxes divided into upper and lower chambers that would allow the upper chambers to be filled with compacted sand? The bottom would be open, with AudioPoints on the bottom corners. Consider the stand is only 9" tall.
Its been a while since I visited Noel and owned a pair of his stands but I believe the posts are made from a Vinyl composite and the bottom and top plates are of MDF but the best thing to do is email him or call him to discuss your needs. He is a great guy to deal with and will custom fit a stand to your specifications.
No metal in the Skylans except for the support rod that runs top to bottom in each post, and the spikes. I like the Neoprene pads but have not experimented with alternatives. I still have Blutack stuck to the bottoms of a pair of speakers -- I hate the stuff.

There are different schools of thought about what to fill stands with or, indeed, whether to fill them at all, not to mention how full to fill them. One thing I think you want to do is dampen them so they don't ring, but clay cat litter should do that as well or perhaps better than sand or lead shot. Should the stands be as heavy as possible (thus lead shot)? Beats me.

Tvad, I sure do want to know what your new speakers are, but I know you'll reveal in good time. Standmounts, eh? Bit of a surprise.